Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN
Humana Lancaster, PA
occupational therapist therapist health health patients team occupational therapy treatment rehabilitation family design coordination community
March 23, 2023
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function.
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care Treatment.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician, rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family members.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to improve residence or working environments or improve their participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational meetings.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are accurately documented and implemented. Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Scheduled Weekly Hours1
Report this job