Sr Data Engineer- REMOTE
Job SummaryFreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from premium video content through a robust technology platform. FreeWheel is hiring a virtual or New York based Senior Data Engineer.
FreeWheel‘s AudienceXpress engineering team is responsible for building advanced solutions to process very high volume of raw from set top boxes on a state of the art platform and to making the data accessible in a secure and cost effective manner for other teams and our customers.
- Develop software to run on cloud native big data infrastructure built on AWS using Spark, Lambda, S3, and other cloud native services.
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable and optimized data solutions.
- Write applications to derive insights from terabytes of highly valuable data sets.
- Develop quick proof of concepts for marketing teams and clients with big data needs.
- Manage and improve existing code base and add new features to support business needs.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Work in a collaborative manner with a smart, diverse engineering scaled agile (SAFe) team to rapidly deliver high quality solutions.
- Interface with global engineering, product and operation teams in US/EU/China to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Mentor and provide direction in architecture and design to developers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- 2 years of experience building large scale applications as part of a team
- Experience with bash, Linux utilities and environments
- Proficiency with SQL and database general concepts
- Hands-on experience with data processing and exposure to big data, especially spark (preferred)…Spark job debugging and optimization experience would be esp valuable
- Expertise with at least two of Scala, Python, Java, Golang, C/C , or similar
- Flexibility with languages and tools and desire to learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience in AWS technologies such as Lambda, Kinesis, EC2, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, ELB, VPC, Cloudwatch, Lambda, EMR, S3 and Big data related technologies like HIVE, Presto, Kafka (strongly preferred)
- AWS certification (preferred): AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data
- Understanding of various columnar file formats like Parquet, ORC etc. (preferred)
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills, a team player
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
National Pay Range: $90,653.58 USD-$212,469.33 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.