Data Abstractor (Remote)
- Are you an experienced Data Abstractor looking for a new challenge?
- Do you value care management and quality improvement?
- Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the Kepro team?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
This is a fully remote position.
Who we need:
The Data Abstractor will select specific data or information and enter the data into database in accordance with contractual and organizational criteria for ORYX and Hospital Compare Measures.
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What you’ll do:
- Read and review individual medical records to identify required information, including demographics, disease-specific topics, and medications. Oryx measure abstractions and hospital compare measures.
- Read and comprehend clinical information to make informed abstraction decisions.
- Accurately enter data into database as specified.
- Determine and negotiate the validity of the abstracted data and question controversial information prior to data entry.
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity and accuracy standards established by the customer and/or the company.
- Identify areas for improvement in the process, i.e. training, module-related issues and use of software.
- Solve problems with regard to unique record or process issues.
- Interact regularly and appropriately with peers and members of management.
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years specialized experience. This may be a combination of education and work experience
- Two years medical experience, clinical and hospital experience preferred.
- Highly developed background in medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and disease processes desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with standard keyboard and database software desirable.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in the abstraction process.
- Ability to work independently and maintain an elevated level of concentration.
- Capable of consistency, speed, and accuracy of task
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and negotiate with other employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret physician documentation.
- Two years medical experience, clinical and hospital experience preferred. Highly developed background in medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and disease processes desirable.
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.