Data Coordinator (Remote)
Description and Requirements
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Data Coordinator is responsible for the data entry and processing of adjudication cases or ECGs for assigned projects. The Data Coordinator will also perform other administrative duties, such as scheduling of committee panel meetings, along with other data tasks as assigned by the Data Manager and/or supervisor. The Data Coordinator will work closely with the project Data Manager to ensure that projects and their assigned deliverables are produced on time, within budget and according to the agreed upon scope of work.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: To be considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree with 1 to 2 years of data entry or equivalent office experience; or the equivalent combination of education, skills and experience to perform the job.
- Exposure to clinical trial environment is a plus.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Attention to detail skills are essential, strive towards 100% accuracy in work processes.
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to utilize technology and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge/previous experience working in a Data Management system is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Support the project Data Manager or designee to complete assigned deliverables with high quality and within agreed timelines.
- Support member scheduling and communications for adjudication panel meetings.
- Assist with preparation and documentation of panel meeting agendas and panel adjudication decisions.
- Assist with management of study inbox for external communications.
- Routine client interactions such as initiating and/or responding to requests on behalf of Data Manager(s).
- Perform case or data processing for assigned projects.
- Help prepare and review project related reports and documents.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate case processing status to project team.
- Preparation, tracking and progress reporting of assigned project deliverables.
- Perform data entry tasks and quality checks as assigned.
- Assist with internal system/application testing as assigned.
- Serve as back-up for assigned project tasks and sponsor meetings, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 5% based on business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform sedentary work which includes sitting for long periods of time and occasionally required to lift 25lbs (11.3 kg). Further guidance on physical activities, requirements, visual acuity, and working conditions is available in HCM.
Expected annual base salary range: $51,500 to $72,000
- Comprehensive Benefits package – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K with match, and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs and additional work/life resources
- Referral Bonuses and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for career development with on-the-job training, certification, assistance and continuing education reimbursement
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, reprisal or any other legally recognized basis or status protected by federal, state or local law.